On Monday 07 January 2008 12:21, Erich Newell wrote:
> Just a quick correction: Unless Cox has started giving away their
> service, you will not be able to connect anything to their equipment
> and get HD video to a recording device.
>
> All analog channels above 23 are scrambled and all digital channels
> that aren't used for cabletv setup are encrypted, requiring a cable
> box or cable card to decrypt. Additionally, the transmission
> modulation for cable tv is different than OTA HDTV. ATSC with 8VSB is
> used for over the air, and NTSC via QPSK(64 or 256) is used for
> cabletv in the US.

ok,
I find that rather interesting.
I can decode HD signaling with my current Happauge card on cox cable here.
I don't have anything other than basic cable (no extra boxes) so how is it
that I have all 99 base channels and 13 HD channels?

are you sure they don't have some low pass filtering on your service?