After flip-flopping between SageTV and MythTV for the living room (the
main computer), I decided on MythTV mostly due to cost.  If I wanted to
install SageTV, I would have to purchase a Windows license, a SageTV
license, and then any placeshifter licenses (clients).  I would need
Windows on the server because I want to watch DVD's there and they don't
allow that under Linux.

I have basic cable, but read on this list and other places that I could
get HD from it (which worked).  I purchased the HDHomeRun from
SiliconDust and so far, I'm impressed.  It is a tiny, network attached
HD tuner with two inputs.  It took a few minutes to hook up and I was on
my way to HD!

Well, almost, it recognized the channels and I had to remap them in
MythTV, but my server isn't close to being able to watch HD.  It is a
VIA EPIA M-10000.  I then found the SD channels and mapped to those
instead, removing the HD channels.  Still, in the long run, when I can
afford a better computer, I can use this for HD.

The last thing to do is pay for SchedulesDirect so I can have a TV
listing.  At $20 a year, it is affordable, and a lot cheaper than the
SageTV way.

I just thought I report my little adventure if anyone else wanted to do
HD.