Anyone on the list have mad Drupal skills :)

I am creating an online commerce site and would like to use Drupal to
put the site together. First are there good books to read, or are most
of the books just rehashes of what is available online. Second if
someone has mad skill, would that person be willing to tutor me for an
exchange of dinner at some later date.

My current list of possible issues.

* theming - I know enough how to install new ones , but what do I do if
  I like most of a theme but need something specific ( does it require a
little or a lot of PHP experience)
* product catalog / shopping cart - I currently only have a single
product but hope to add more, is there a known leader in product catalog
and/or shopping carts
* general gotchas - what should I be aware of as I start ( any advice on
security, how to admin Drupal so the finished site is structured
logically anything like that)