Joseph Sinclair wrote:
Last I checked Compiz doesn't play well with dual monitors, so you may have to
give up that particular requirement.

I am using a dual monitor setup (two 21" LCDs) with compiz right this moment. It's worked great for awhile now.

A caveat, though: I am running with an NVidia card, not an ATI one. I say this because it *may* be the difference. That is, I may not be using Xinerama and may instead be using NVidia's TwinView. The only reason I think that is because I have a three monitor setup at work and with two of the exact same NVidia cards that I have at home, compiz doesn't work due to the Xinerama issues.