Fritz wrote:
> Charles Jones wrote:
>
> Charles, would you care to comment on the following?
>
>           http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
>
> If this is really true, it's quite disturbing.
> Is this just "made up" Internet gibberish?
>
> As James Bamford summarizes in his book "Body of Secrets"

Since you bring this up in relation to 9/11, my comments in comparing
these two events are.
1. This "operation", while obviously designed to generate support for an
attack against Cuba, clearly involves no deaths or unplanned collateral
damage. According to the info there, it was planned to be an elaborate
show, including "mock funerals".
2. I do not believe this particular document is made up. At least it is
an actual archived document, unlike all of the "evidence" that 9/11
conspiracy folks have, like "I'm a plumber but in my professional
opinion a commercial aircraft could not have created this damage".
3. If it is indeed true, it is disturbing, but also, it was just an idea
that was "never officially accepted or executed".  I'm certain there are
plans

The govt has had many really stupid ideas in the past that thankfully
were not given any more consideration than being filed away in an
archive, which people later find  to read about and use as evidence of
what they could possibly be still trying to do today. As I said before,
I'm surprised that people really think that the govt would purposefully
murder thousands of people just to play a blame game. If our govt is
really capable of doing that, we are all screwed. I prefer to think that
we (as a society, as a people, as a race) have "evolved" past the point
of barbaric violence without reason (or wrong reasons). Some may call it
naive, but I hope it's just optimism.