From: Charles Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Icann and new TLD's
To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 8:55 PM

Icann, voted unanimously to relax the strict rules on so-called
"top-level" domain names...

Under the new plans, domain names can be based on any string of letters,
in any script.

Individuals will be able to register a domain based on their own name,
for example, as long as they can show a "business plan and technical
capacity".

I wonder how long before we start seeing domains like http://nike.shoes
and the like. I wonder how many email and domain parsing scripts this is
going to break, especially domain names with asian and arabic characters.