Am 12. Jul, 2008 schwätzte Matrix Mole so:

I like the rsync option for backup purposes. I'm not sure if it'll

BackupPC will use rsync. Bakula can probably use it as well.

work for your setup. I've been using it to keep my web servers safe
and stored on my local network from their remote machine locations.
Plus, with rsync being command line, it should be very easy to write
shell scripts for it.

Yeah, but BackupPC and rsnapshot will do some other stuff for you. For
instance, they'll both do snapshotting and use hard links to reduce disk
wastage on the backup server.

Hmm, wonder how well they do with restoring hard and soft links.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/              https://LOPSA.org/
#  "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the