From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Depressing IT Job Prospects
To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Date: Monday, August 11, 2008, 11:30 AM

---- Joshua Zeidner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Hi Josh,
>
>    Job boards, especially free ones, are not a reliable indicator.  Many
> people use those boards to gauge markets, which means that a lot of the
> postings are not legitimate jobs.

Agree strongly.  Lots of spam from "recruiters" who scrape the jobs
postings from the sites with positive relationships with Intel, Honeywell, GD,
and Orbital and repost trying to hijack a commission.

>    My take on the economy: there is a major reorientation underway.

blah blah blah.  Doesn't mean anything to me or Mike, who started this
thread with a "what do I do with my life" post, personally.  I'm
not employed by those companies you're talking about.  Even if I was, are
they going to let go all of their people?  Doubt it.  Again, too much taking
what the "media" is saying to heart, which are bits and pieces, taken
totally out of context, of stuff that means something to Ben Bernanke and
William Donaldson but nothing to me.