I redid a boot splash for a custom ubuntu server iso. I don't remember
off hand the steps but there was only 3 or 4. Basicly had to import
the splash in to gimp then export it back out. I am pretty sure the
"insert your distro here" forums would have a simple how to

On 10/4/08, Dan Lund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The last time I saw anything related to bootsplash was when I used
> gentoo a year or two ago. (well, since the beginning of gentoo, but
> until a year or two ago)
> forums.gentoo.org would be a great place to scurry through for
> information on it.  It's a great place to find information on this
> since with Gentoo you put the bootsplash in yourself.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Lund
>
> To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so
> many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -
> because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too
> cowardly to exercise it.  The virtues which cloak these faults are
> called patience and forbearance.
> -Friedrich Nietzsche
>

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Nathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Does anyone use bootsplash ? I like bootsplash because it is simple and
>> requires NOTHING to be in a initrd or ramfs other than the splash utility.
>> Splashy and the others require more than I care to use in my initrds. So
>> I'm
>> looking for a new bootsplash patch as I'd like to move to a 2.6.26.x
>> kernel,
>> but the last I can find a patch for is 2.6.24.7...
>>
>> Any information would be great!
>>
>> Nathan

Sent from my mobile device

James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
All Rhino products are made in America, 100% Money Back Guarantee, and
have a 5 Year warranty.
 Sometimes for it to "just work" you have to think outside the box!
Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
IP: asterisk.rhinoequipment.com ~ FWD: 633686

this in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and its
attachments from all computers.