SSH Exploits are currently available in various forms:

1) General Stack Based exploits.  Also called Boundary Protection BOE's.  Check
your version.
Most older versions have been fixed:
http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=ssh+buffer+overflow

2) Protocol 1 exploits. (Check your Version) configure /etc/ssh/sshd_config to
use Protocol 2.

3) Kerberos exploits - authentication when compiled against various insecure
Kerberos. Check your version; these affect older versions of SSH or unpatched
systems.
Description of exploit: http://kerneltrap.org/node/160

4) Random PRNG entropy SSL/SSH - announced in 2006 by a team of university
students, this problem with random number generation allows the attacker to
guess the key generation and affected nearly all versions of SSL/SSH -
including routers/switches/firewalls and custom mail applictions.
Debian/Ubuntu descriptions from CERT:
http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1571";
http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1576";
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-1 http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-2
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-3 http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-4
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-5
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-6 http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/925211

5) Challenge and Response - allows escalated privileges upon overflow of the
buffer:
Description and versions affected:

http://www.juniper.net/security/auto/vulnerabilities/vuln5093.html

Example Script that exploits SSH challenge response [see no die there then the
overflow payload?]:

http://www.milw0rm.org/exploits/6804

BlackHat Training:

http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-07/train-bh-eu-07-ss-el.html

Metasploit (comes setup on BackTrack) includes a few examples for SSH exploit
training:

http://www.metasploit.com/

NOTE: This information has been intentionally obfuscated using intellectualism
to filter out the less evolved crackers in favor of providing security tools to
responsible professionals systems hackers [<sic> builders troubleshooters and
ethical users].

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Obnosis |
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis | Obnosis.com (503)754-4452