At first I thought: "well...   Those #$&% Nvidia drivers..."
But then I saw it happening with ATI boards.
Anecdotally I can say that I have seen it happening in just about each and
everyone of the 15-something computers (desktops and laptops) that I have
installed Kubuntu onto.

And it SUCKS...    :(

Mostly with Firefox, but also with Konsole and other applications, suddenly
the display inside a particular window quits (it goes black)...
After resizing it a random amount of times (but mostly after shrinking it)
the display comes back alive and well.

Keyboard and mouse input are taken (at least some times) cuz you can see
some reactions after the display comes back, but it is ungodly ANNOYING!!!

Is anybody experiencing something like that, or is it the little gnome
following me again with the camera and laughing at my expenses?

I mean, it would be funny...
If it wasn't happening to me...   :(
ET