der.hans,

Finally got to look at your sed command this morning and even
understood it after a minute or two.  It worked great!  I did refer to
the man page to understand the options and that verified I could use
the input file as an argument as I had thought.  Thanks for the help!

Eric,

Your solution looks less cryptic but more complex.  I will look it
over later today when I get home from service calls.  I don't need it
now, but it will be a useful refresher for me.  Thank you as well.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and