Drupal's older calender module did not do automatic updates of calender
material; however Drupal can be configured to email notifications based on
updates to all material on the site - which I believe would be overkill?

The newer modules and 3rd party solutions will do various kinds of calendering
with notification, but they are only compatible with later Drupal versions.

I only looked at this for a minute from outside web sources, rather than
specific to the customization of the site; versions and evaluation of the
complete tree.

Running via cron, a small perl, php or shell script could easily do a database
lookup (or sed/awk if this is enabled as flat file database) for SELECT FROM
parameters on $eventdate and $nextday for any portion of the Drupal data
subset, then email the list with a form including notes; a solution we
certainly could engineer as layered customization, rather than update the whole
site.

If Hans has extensive customizations, the layered cron script would be easier,
however an update to Drupal is indicated due to security issues, also:
Example =  http://drupal.org/node/216063

www.Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obnosis (503)754-4452
Catch the January PLUG HackFest!   Kristy Westphal, CSO for the Arizona
Department of Economic
Security will provide a one hour
presentation on forensics 1/10/09 at UAT.edu.