the only reason i have to keep windows at work for my use is the need
to run a pair of applications that just get weird in virtual machines,
and at home because i game.. and my hardware just will not play nice
in the Linux/wine combination.

and im actually ok with vista. no bugs or crashes really, but im
useing win XP x64 over vista at the moment for how light it is on my
gpu.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Mike Schwartz <schwa...@acm.org> wrote:
> Like [probably] most of us here at PLUG-Discuss,
> I agree with this comment:
>    http://www.computerworld.com/comments/comment/view/330846/483537
> more than with the author -- (Preston Gralla) -- of the original article:
> ("Windows 7: The Linux killer") at
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&taxonomyName=Operating+Systems&articleId=330846&taxonomyId=89
> whom -- one might suppose -- was probably paid to write that article.
> (Another link: here is a link to a version with more ads):
> in case you want to be able to get to (/"read") the rest of the
> ("other") comments:
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=330846&source=NLT_PRN&nlid=2941
> --
> Mike Schwartz