sldap is available for gentoo, FedoraCore/Redhat/Centos, SLES/SUSE,
Ubuntu/Debian.

While it all uses encryption, many clients and server LDAP implementations
include various exploits and on a shared network LDAP (and NIS) are sent clear
text.

Modern TSL is used in OpenLDAP, but can be trivially decrypted, with John/Crypt
- hence the Layer 3 switch or VLAN exclusion.

It is all very easy to integrate with AD, mail and httpd.

www.Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
(503)754-4452
January PLUG HackFest = Kristy Westphal, AZ Department of Economic Security
Forensics @ UAT 1/10/09 12-3