I am once again having trouble with my SuSe 11 system not booting. It
seemed to occur after I loaded the drivers in Windoze for a
video-to-USB converter. I tried downloading the latest SUSE 11.1 ISO
and do an update, but it still seems to get of the way through boot,
then die about the time it should be starting the Xwindow system.

  Looking other posts on this forum, I see few others mention SuSe as
there distro, and many talk about switching from one to another. How
do you decide when it is time to switch distros, and more importantly,
how do you decide which distro to switch to?

  I have been stuck running my Windoze partition on my main computer,
and my new (used) laptop running Windoze for some time now. Even with
Knoppix I can not get my Open Office files to work, so I would like to
find some way to get back in the running.. I have looked through the
latest boot log, and it shows no obvious sign of problems. I have not
yet checked for an X11 boot log to see if problems are creeping up
there, but I am also less clear where such a log would be.

Mike (using Linux for several years now, but still just beginning)