Currently 2 Gig of physical memory, and I think a 10 Gig Swap
partition that it finds and uses. I was guessing that something was
hanging up in the CD/DVD-ROM drive. I ran a memory test and found
nothing wrong there. And like I said, both Knoppix 5.4 and Unbuntu
8.10 woudl freeze right after I click on some seemingly unimportant
button.

   I guess that since I can not currently boot SuSe at all, installing
to Unbuntu (or Kunbuntu, for which I just downloaded the Live/Install
iso) and having the computer only run Unbuntu may not be much of a
lose anyway.

Mike