Knoppix Customize allows for ISO customization without remastering.

  knoppix-customize is a program that allows you change the boot
           options and files of a KNOPPIX ISO image or boot disk without
           remastering. KNOPPIX is a bootable CD with a collection of
           GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for
           many graphics cards, ound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other
           peripherals. See: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/

http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix/knoppix-customize/ANNOUNCE.txt

Available from:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix/knoppix-customize/