I keep one of these around for just such emergencies: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2020
It has saved me a lot of trouble quite a few times.

Ryan Rix wrote:
Hi,

I know the HDD is OK, it's just a matter of getting it hooked up to my desktop computer. Are there any USATA (i don't think that's really anything; it's just what is printed on the top of the drive) to standard SATA convertor cables so I can just plug the drive in as a slave and pull the data across...

Sorry, a little confused and confusing atm ;)
~Ryan