On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Joe Fleming wrote:

First off, in the past I have recommended the Promise TX4 SATA
controller. I no longer recommend it; seems there's a hardware bug that silently corrupts data in Linux. I recently found this out first hand...

Can you provide any more information about this bug? Specifically if it might have been corrected in later kernels? I've looked around online and not found any references to this, but your description makes me want to avoid this card as well.

thanks,
alex