The main problem with your hardware is the rarity of them. I did also have
the x-fi card and worse yet i had digital input speakers. The way i did it
was installing the creative drivers. If you do want to play games wine does
not have good dx support, and if you don't mind cedega does support games
better but it does cost 50 bucks a year.
Nadim