keith smith wrote:

Hi,

I am a programmer so my server admin skills are on the basic end. I have been tasked with managing several LAMP servers running CentOS.

I'm looking for a simple reference that will tell me what logs to look at, how often to look at them, and what to be looking for.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You can automate this somewhat by installing and configuring "logwatch" (yum install logwatch). It will run periodically and email you any interesting things that happened with the logs.

-Charles