smoothwall actually has a package set that layers of an existing
installation, in addition to their real product which is the stand
alone firewall. It is essentially the tool set that makes smoothwall
(on top of the OS hardening). I tried getting it to run on slackware
at one time, but had limited success. but that was a few years ago and
i have learned since then.

Stephen