--- On Tue, 5/12/09, Mark Phillips <m...@phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
>  No one mentioned a VM solution - boot
> Linux and run Windows with some form of vmware for ITunes.
> Am I looking at yet more expense for high end hardware (lots
> of RAM and dual core)? I have tried vmware on my P4 2 GHz
> laptop and it works but a little too slow.

I'd recommend Virtualbox 2.2 for a desktop VM solution. I run Windows
XP inside Ubuntu 9.04 with 256 MB allocation and it works great on my 1 GB
laptop. All I really use it for is Outlook and Visio. I have found that USB
in the VM works for some devices and not others. I'm sure there would be
some iPod discussion in the virtualbox forums and it wouldn't be too
difficult to try it out for yourself.

--Jason