On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 05:53 -0700, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> I tend to ignore all such control-versy.
>
> "Should" is a product of the codependent family model that also
> created:
>
> black/white thinking
> nothing handled in the solution
> communicating to the wrong source
>
> There's a saying, "Is someone is "should-ing" you, find and handle the
> 7 deadly sin type payoff"  (false pride, jealousy, rage, greed,
> gluttony, vanity, lust).
>
> Almost as fun as identifying the obvious signature of someone with
> ethical problem in relation to you who always "project",  accusing you
> of doing something their ego denial refuses to let them see/remember
> and apologise for what they did to you.
----
Since this thread seems to have a life despite everyone's acknowledgment
that it never changes anything...

There are times when I don't want to bother replying to a top posted
reply because I am too lazy to re-arrange it so the context of any
comments might actually make sense.

Most 'top posters' are too lazy to actually clean up the e-mail below to
just retain the pertinent items to which they are responding to, leaving
the challenge to the next reader to figure it out.

That said, I generally don't care if the point is about communication,
it either succeeds in its mission or doesn't and there's nothing
inherently changed whether the reply is on the top or bottom.

Handheld devices, twitter, e-mail all seem to be conspiring to dumb down
our communication efforts so we say less, communicate less effectively
at a rate much faster than ever before.

I don't recall anyone saying 'should' in this thread but I suspect that
Lisa is just playing the tune that's been played so many times before
and I will take that bait. People 'should' endeavor to make their point
relative to the point expressed before them in a way that someone making
a counterpoint could easily add their message yet be able to effectively
communicate. For me, that means either at the bottom or interspersed
within the replied sections. If you are inclined to 'top reply', take a
moment to clean up below so it becomes obvious what you are replying to.

Craig

believed to be clean.