I searched the archive but didn't find a previous discussion about this.

A friend who graduates from high school next week wants to take a summer course
in programming. His goal is to become a business applications programmer.

He asked me what language he should start with. I'd guess the prgramming
landscape is changing with more services going into the cloud.

Joseph, Hans, Charles I'm sure you have opinoins and I welcome anyone elses.

My friend, Ian isn't on the list so I'll point him to gmane.org to follow the
discussion.

dennisk

--
"Free Software, Free Society"