On Jun 23, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Lisa Kachold <lisakach...@obnosis.com
> > wrote:
> Be sure you fully protect her:
> http://www.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/iworm_apple_mac_os_x_leopard_tiger_virus_torjan_anti_virus_download_free.jpg
> OK, oh security goddess of PLUG - what do I need to install to
> protect her? The Apple sales person was adament that no protection
> was needed.......

The important things are that she not install programs that promise to
enable viewing otherwise inaccessible porn sites and that she stay
away from programs that promise to update he commercial software
unless they are from the original vendor. If she really want's to be
paranoid, VirusBarrier X5 from Intego software is the best commercial
solution and ClamXav is the best freeware.

Best security advice for Mac Users: Don't check any of the boxes in
System Preferences->Sharing until you know what you are doing.

--
Vegetarians eat Vegetables, Humanitarians frighten me