Hi!  My Series 2 Tivo requires a phone line to do guided setup.

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=406951

After that I can configure the Wireless USB Adapter in Networking, but
unfortunately with my OS Tivo Version, I supposedly MUST (according to Tivo)
have the phone.

I did see a few old posts about using Windows XP Hyperterm and a NULL modem
connection from PC to rj11.

http://www.b-lan.com/otto/tivo3xp/

I have a serial null modem cable, but...

a) I don't have any Serial connection on my Vista
b) I have pppd on linux
c) I don't have a rj11 adapter (could go to radio shack?)

and some for getting around the Guided Setup via a dialout hack using ",401#
with a ethernet DHCP connection:

http://everything2.com/title/How%2520to%2520setup%2520a%2520TiVo%2520without%2520a%2520phone%2520line

d) I have only a Wireless USB - not an ethernet one.

1) Anyone have a house with a hardwired phone line and a full boat cable I
can do setup with?  (Takes about 5 hours via phone line)?

2) Other suggestions?

--
(623)239-3392 Skype: obn0sis
(503)754-4452 www.obnosis.com