On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Ted Gould <t...@gould.cx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 19:04 -0700, Dazed_75 wrote:
> > Jul  8 17:42:03 damselfish dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1
> > matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3831
> > comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a")
> > interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error
> > name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.57" (uid=1000
> > pid=6093 comm="cheese "))
>
> That's my fault :)
>
> It shouldn't relate to Cheese in anyway.  If you'd like to respond to
> the bug, it's more about spamming auth.log with useless information.
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-applet/+bug/346513
>
> Sorry about that.
>
>                --Ted

Are you saying that my cheese filing to stay running is because of the fix
you committed for this bug?  I saw where you said:

I'm marking this fix committed because at this point I think that *we're*
> doing it correctly. The rest of the fix is on their side.

Does that mean the offending applications (cheese in my case) need to do
fixes before they can run?  Maybe I am over-reacting, but that seems extreme
so I suspect I did not understand your words.

Or just that the message is related to cheese and the bug fix has nothing to
do with cheese failing to stay running?  I must confess I do not understand
most of the bug report and discussion. Dbus, introspection data,
indicator-applet, and a lot of the other stuff is Greek to me so I don't
feel qualified to respond to the bug report.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson