On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Ryan Rix <phrkonale...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am going to be a senior in high school next year so it is time for me to
> start looking at which colleges I would be interested in attending.
> Basically I am looking to take up a degree in CS, simple and easy.
>
> One of the factors I'd like to look into in regards to those colleges I
> apply
> at is how do they support Free Software in their CS curriculum. It's fairly
> important to me that I am able to develop under a Free operating system in
> the
> CS courses that I choose to take, and am not forced to develop under
> Windows.
>
> Does anyone have any experince with Free Software universities, or
> any resources that have information on them?
>
> Ryan

These links: http://cnx.org/
http://cnxconsortium.org/
http://plone.org/
http://www.rice.edu/
might provide you with some idea about the commitment of rice.edu to -- not
only to FLOSS, but also to open standards, non-proprietary file formats,
etc., and "open curriculum" type stuff, -- and, that last list item is meant
to refer to a situation whereby the learning materials, like the text books
(or, e- "substitutes", thereof!) are, like, GPL'd  or GFDL'd, or something
like that.

best wishes, wherever you go!
--
Mike Schwartz