On Nov 4, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Joshua Zeidner wrote:

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:
Ryan Rix wrote:
Ryan Rix wrote:

Eric Shubert wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me that OpenDNS
provides only DNS Resolver (aka recursive, caching) services. I believe that Ryan's looking for Authoritative DNS service, which I don't see
OpenDNS providing. Am I missing something here?

Yes, this is what I need; apologies for not clearing that up. Afaict both
FreeDNS and OpenDNS did this :(

I lied; just set up FreeDNS. Just have to wait for my registrar to properly
delegate the entries.

Thanks
Ryan

That's nice to know about FreeDNS. Is it free as in beer, or is there a
nominal fee? Also, can it handle dynamic addresses?

 free as in beer, been using it for more than a year on my blog.  I
does handle dynamic dns, but I dont know much about it.

 -jmz

I've been very happy with EveryDNS for the last 5 years or so.
http://www.everydns.com/

alex