From: Lisa Kachold
Sent: Nov 14, 2009 2:02 PM
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: running Linux on odd devices is SOOO COOL!

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 11:43 AM, AZ RUNE <arizona.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Buy another router and set up a 2nd network with no Internet Access to test it on WEP.

Brian

The whole concept of "wireless encryption security" is somewhat moot with airdump-ng etc tools.

WEP keys are really easy to break.

WPA is also easily encroached - but harder with a truely unique secure key (which few people use)

It just exists as part of the big "security" matrix to keep the honest people out.  Crackers can get right in anyway!

http://www.obnosis.com/Layer8Wireless.html

--
Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452