This keeps poping up, and the only solution is install a a filesystem
that all your OS's can talk to. Difficulty in this Fat32 is
technically the only one and even still it is not FOSS.

however i know there is a windows driver for ext2/3 so you can use
that as your Filesystem. i do not know about MAC on this regard.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:
> I don't know of a way that you can share devices on a USB connection. If
> you can, it's news to me (which is entirely possible).
>
> I think you'll need a server of some sort which 'owns' the device, and
> shares it via some mechanism such as ntfs or samba.
>
> Eric Cope wrote:
>> USB 2.0.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net
>> <mailto:e...@shubes.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     Eric Cope wrote:
>>      > Hello all,
>>      > I recently bought a 1TB external hard drive. My plan is to be able to
>>      > connect it to my Mac, my Windows Machines, my Linux machine and my
>>      > FreeBSD machine. I searched for a cross platform filesystem and only
>>      > found FAT32. That does not seem like a good option. Can anyone
>>     recommend
>>      > a preferrably journaled filesystem that is cross platform? Or at
>>     least
>>      > provide a way for it to be cross platform?
>>      > Thanks!
>>      > Eric
>>      >
>>
>>     Which type of connection are you planning to use?
>>
>>     --
>>     -Eric 'shubes'

>> --
>> Eric Cope