With the holiday season over, I decided to upgrade my system from 1GB to 2GB RAM. The memory I had was
DDR2-800 Memory Expert from Adata. The place I'd originally bought the motherboard & memory from no longer carried that brand, but their tech guy said that other brands, for example Kingston, should work with it with no problem. (Yeah, Right!) I had a gift card from Fry's burning a hole in my pocket, so I got a 1GB DDR2-800 Kingston stick at Fry's.

Now the problem. Either stick alone shows as
DDR2-800 in POST. Both together show as DDR2-667. GRRRRR!

I can :
    1) Live with it. It's only a 16-17% drop in speed.

    2) Take it back, get another Kingston or another brand (Patriot?), cross my fingers & hope.

    3) Take it back and order a matching Adata stick online.

    4) Buy another Kingston 1GB to make a pair and try to sell the old Adata for $10 or $15.

Any suggestions?