When my VCR died I was forced to join the 21st century and get a DVD/VCR combo recorder. I would like to start putting some things on DVDs and also to start recording to rewritable DVDs. I've made a few DVDs, but not many. My recollection is that the DVD-R discs tend to work better in ordinary DVD players. Is this a general consensus? Does the same thing hold for DVD RWs? Is there a brand that is known for particularly good (or bad) results or as a good value for the $? Also advice on where to get them & save a $.

This group is such an eclectic collection of experts that I'm sure that someone is in a position to give some good advice here.

Thanks,

Mark Jarvis