WGet works great, with a couple caveats:
1) When using wget, have something in the script check each download for sanity
(size usually works, and if MP3, check that the first 3 bytes are ASCII for
"ID3").
Someone I work with did a mass download like you're describing from a huge
music company (75TB of MP3 files at 256KBit encoding for ~50% of the catalog),
and found that about 10% failed resulting in an HTML error page in the MP3
file, instead of the actual content.

2) Authentication can be very tricky, so try it by just reading the page first,
and see if it works before trying to go crazy with recursive options.

3) when using recursive, SET THE DEPTH LIMIT to something like (1).  Failure to
do so can result in an error response turning the download process into a
crawl-the-whole-web process.