just found your blog man (I was trying to locate when plug was officially founded).
I noticed that you mentioned:
 "Some claim that there is a Steering Committee associated with PLUG,
however the names of the members of this group have never been released to the public."

I can conform that there was in fact a "steering committee" (I should know, I was on it). I have long since forgotten the names of the others on it. The committee was disbanded shortly after the members agreed to a base set of rules to found plug as a 'semi professional"
community oriented Linux users group.

That founding occurred back in mid 1998. most of the list didn't start getting seriously archived until early 1999.

I kn ow Der.hans was pretty much in there from the beginning (you still on list Hans?).

About 4 years ago, I quit coming to the east side meetings (transportation was an issue and as I am visually impaired, driving was out of the question). I have been mostly listening on this list for some long time.

anyway, there's been a lot of technical stuff on here over the years (and some x-posting from AZIPA and
a few other groups linux related).

These days, I am mostly on OS X but i do putter around with linux under virtualbox. I seem to have fallen off the learning wagon and am now trying to get back into the "scene" as it were (and its a long climb and a lot of bad habits to undo). I really wish i could get some rides to the east side meetings but given i am still out here at 83rd ave. near Indianschool road, its going to be hard to arrange. I haven't seen any notices for a west side meeting in some time though
(you still doing that tuna?).

anyway, I thought I'd pop on list and remind you guys that some of us old guard are still about.