While they don't have it working yet, the samsung vibrant/att captivate are
really nice gsm phones. If you really like CDMA, then the Sprint Epic 4G
might be up your alley.

I had a Motorola Cliq for about a week and will never buy another Motorola
phone again. I've also heard a few build quality issues with the droid X.
I'd wait for the droid 2 coming this month or next.

I currently have the Vibrant and it's hands down the best phone I've ever
used.