I don't necessarily believe everything I see, and would like to check on something I read.

Is the following statement true or false?

"SSL requires a distinct outbound IP for every distinct certificate
(different domain name)."

My understanding is that multiple hosts with distinct certificates could coexist behind a NAT'd firewall on a single public address and still provide SSL connections via the public address.

Would someone who's more knowledgeable than I about this care to shed some light on the subject?

--
-Eric 'shubes'