My application is slightly different. I am the hardware engineer designing
the embedded chip. I am tasked with writing the sample driver source code
for others within my company. The platform is a microcontroller similar to
Qualcomm's Snapdragon sans the CMDA engine. That book does look appealing.

Thanks,
Eric