> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:31:45 -0700
> From: William Lindley <wlind...@wlindley.com>
> To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> Subject: Re: East side Stammtisch at NEW LOCATION
>
> Horrible location.
>
> Can't get back from there on public transit.
>
> Needs to be in downtown Tempe or Phoenix, preferably on the trolley line.
>
> \\/

Here were I live there are 2 programs for people in basically what
they call vans but they are about the sizes of small school buses. One
is a private company, but it receives government funding to take
people door to door. You have to call them about 2-3 days in advance.
Usually the 3 days is if you are going to cross county lines. Cost
IIRC was like $5 per direction.

The other program is actually run by the Public Transit Authority, so
it's a branch of the bus system, and receives Federal funding to help
ADA clients who can't ride the regular bus routes for one reason or
the other. It is also door to door and is mandated by ADA rules to be
double the cost of an adult fare. So here that would be $3.20 each
direction. Lead times are the same, They have assistance for
wheelchairs that are fulfilling Federal requirements for size and
weight. This is also like a bus/van too. I have a doctor who actually
gets her tickets subsidized by her employer because she is legally
blind.

vp