Hi,

I have a question about performance when using a .htaccess file.  I have read
that having multiple .htaccess files can slow Apache.  Meaning a .htaccess file
in each directory.

We have moved a ton of content, upwards of 900 pages.  About 600 of those have
been moved from our blog which was located in the directory /blog.  It was
suggested to break the .htaccess into files that reflect the content moved.
For example put a .htaccess file in the /blog directory that reflects all the
content from the blog instead of one big .htaccess file in the doc root
directory that would contain 900 redirects.

Thank you for your feedback.