On 11/23/2010 10:46 PM, Dazed_75 wrote:
Is anyone using FreeNAS?  I set up a FreeNAS server today and while I
can see it from either windows or Linux, I am mostly unable to use it.
I was at one point able to copy a file from Linux to FreeNAS but seem to
have messed that up now.  I am going to start over with a clean slate
but if anyone has knowledge of FreeNAS and might be willing to answer
some questions, I would be grateful.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain
occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
   - Thomas Jefferson

I haven't used it, but would be interested in it, and am willing to be as helpful as I can.

I'd especially like to see a FreeNAS vs OpenFiler comparison. I should probably google that.

--
-Eric 'shubes'