I think as far as "Just a book" the kindle and related devices are the way
to go. After spending about 4 hours with each of these devices I think the
cruz is a mile ahead of the novel. In the end it is like looking at a
computer from the book aspect. I don't like reading off a screen so they
both kinda fail there. The default app on the novel has a night mode that
inverts the text to white on black. Sending a good amount of my day in a
console I sorta dig this feature as my eyes are tuned to white on black.

The overall processing power on both is lacking. Tried to play Angry birds
and it was full of fail.  I am still playing.

-James