On Dec 27, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Mike Ballon wrote:

> Greets,
>
> I'm looking for either an opensource or commercial package for web
> deployment. In the past I have used both Replweb and WebMethods in the Windoz
> world, although now I'm looking at a LAMP environment.
>
> The reason I'm looking is because our web team does constant updates and
> deployments and I honestly can't keep up with everything else I have to do. I
> could give them access to production like they use to have, of course I
> really don't want that. I could also use svn/git with rsync (which we have
> done in the past) or simply manual write custom scripts for everything,
> although I really want a turnkey solution.
>
> Ideally I'm looking for something that supports not only version control, but
> the standard dev, test, prod method with rollback. I'd like to setup the
> infrastructure and walk away, well for the most part anyway. Nice to have
> would be a web UI, although it's not required. Right now all I've been able
> to find is Rational Build Forge and I'm looking for opinions and experience
> from the PLUG.
>
> -Mike

Capistrano is popular for deploying Rails projects, but there's no reason it
couldn't be used with non-Rails code.  It includes all the features you're
describing, including rollbacks, and integrates with either svn or git.  There
would be a learning curve if you're not familiar with Ruby, but it's a great
tool and (I think) worth the effort.

https://github.com/capistrano/capistrano/wiki/2.x-Getting-Started

alex