Hi All,

I posted this to the PHP list and got some great response, but thought I get
some fellow PLUG thoughts as well.  Hopefully not too many people will be upset
with my cross post. :)

I have a fairly large PHP application that I've built and have been maintaining
for several years now.  It's in current production and working quite well.
However, it was built before the era of Ajax functionality and I'd like to add
some of these type of features to make the application more streamlined and
easier to use. Our main customer base are research engineers so, usability and
efficiency are paramount, while looks are secondary. Of course, if I could
update the looks that would be nice too.

I'm not even sure if the term "Ajax" is right, but some of the things I'd like
to do:
1) When a list of manuscripts is presented, I'd like a link beside each entry
for the chairperson to add that manuscript to a lecture session and the entire
page isn't posted. Currently, there's a bunch of check boxes and he must check
one or more boxes and click submit.

2) Instead of having a separate, small browser window pop up to perform some
action, I'd like a small screen to display for the user to enter the needed
data while the main browser window goes gray. Basically the user must complete
the box to proceed.

I've been doing some reading on script libraries (jQuery, Scriptaculus), but
wanted to get the groups thought and what others have found to be the best
script library as far as feature set, ease of implementation and most
importantly longevity. I'd definitely want something that is current, well
maintained and well documented. If I spend a lot of time revamping the site I
want to use a library that'll be around a few years.

I'm sure you guys get the idea of what I'm looking for.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter