too funny
betty
On 03/22/2011 03:48 PM, Michael Havens wrote:
of course it is over your head! That is why we ask; so that we don't drown!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM, betty <nicepeng...@webcanine.com <mailto:nicepeng...@webcanine.com>> wrote:

    i have two linux computers called 'stormy' and 'stormy too'. i
    want to be in one of my offices in the house and access files or
    send files to another office in my house. ie, send from 'stormy'
    to 'stormy too' .
     they are both on a wired connection to my cox service.
    i have installed 'samba'. (but i don't know where it is on the gui)
    i think i have to enable file sharing through the
    'admin>preferences>personal file sharing, but when i  go to that
    the screen says "this feature cannot be enabled because the
    required packages are not installed on your system" . well that is
    all fine and good, but it does not tell me what the required
    packages are.
    this is frustrating.

    is this something that is over my head?
    as usual thank you for your magnificent and useful help; please
    keep basic as possible.
    maybe there is an easy tutorial i can follow?, i looked but as
    expected, there is a plethora of sites....

-- betty i.
    www.webcanine.com <http://www.webcanine.com>
    information for people
    who care for dogs.