I have been trying to get a workable backup strategy on my work laptop.

per policy i am stuck with a windows XP machine for now. so far all
backup solutions have sucked.

i was fooling about with cygwin complied rsync.

I like rsync. its cool its sexy its lite. however the cygwin compiled
version doesn't seem to like local -> local at all well.

Just fro a sanity check if possible what would be an example  of local
-> local rsync parameters?

i feel like i am either missing something huge and beating my head
against the wrong wall or i jsut have lost a useful portion of my grey
matter.

Stephen