Not really the issue you guys are discussing, but this article is about
improving the UI and states the author is working on improving the UI

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/making-calibre-look-nicer/

Larry

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Joseph Sinclair
<plug-discuss...@stcaz.net>wrote:

> The ugly directory was actually, most likely, for a single book.  Calibre
> defaults to using your home directory as the "library" directory and uses a
> fairly complex, but Windows-friendly, filename and directory structure below
> that.
> It's a bad interface decision, but Calibre has absolutely horrible UI
> structure and design, so that's not surprising.
>
> I like the *capability* of Calibre, I just wish someone would take the same
> capabilities and produce a decent UI for it.
>
> On 05/15/2011 11:08 AM, j...@actionline.com wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Joseph.
> >
> > I finally found that calibre does allow one to create new
> > (actually multiple) library/directories; and, in fact, it
> > allows creating one with a "switch" option to automatically
> > move all books into that newly created one. So, I was able to
> > create one with everything moved into that new one and then
> > just delete the one that calibre had automatically created
> > initially with that confounded file/directory name with caps
> > and spaces in the name. Why would they have done that?
> >
> > Anyway, the problem is now solved.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >

> >> The Library button (probably reads something like "35 books") controls
> >> this. Click that button and enter a different directory.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson