Am 29. Jun, 2011 schwätzte mike enriquez so:

moin moin,

Does anyone on the List know if Key Loggers are a problem in Linux?
I don't know a thing about them. My windows computers get the things all the time.
Do I need to worry about them in Linux.

There are multiple keystroke logging programs available. You can install
or create one if you'd like :).

Your windows problems are likely due to viruses that install unwanted
keyloggers. The problem isn't the keylogger, rather that someone else was
able to install software on your machine, but that seems to be an accepted
state for windows :(.

GNU/Linux doesn't have much of a virus problem, so it's less likely to
happen. Not to say that there aren't security problems which could lead to
things like keyloggers. It's just far less likely.

No matter the platform, get security updates when they're available, don't
run services you don't need and don't connect from non-secure hosts. Free
and open systems make it easier to not run unnecessary services and to
qualify as secure hosts.

I also generally recommend avoiding internet explorer and outlook as
they'd have to be a lot more secure to only look like security swiss
cheese.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
#    -- Albert Einstein